Thursday, March 10, 2016

A-Z Psalm-like Thingy

I was reading Psalm 37, which my NIV tells me is one of the psalms that David wrote where each line starts with a letter of the alphabet. I decided that that sounded pretty fun to do, so here's mine:

All the ways of the Lord are good, therefore I will trust in him.
Because of his great love for me, I will not be afraid.
Can't you remember the faithfulness of the Lord? I bring all his acts to my mind, and find peace.
Darkness may overshadow me, but his light breaks through, because he lives in me.
Every hour of every day his ears are tuned to me. His eyes watch over my every step.
Forever I will dwell in his presence, because he has made a way to call me his own.
Goodness and love permeate his inmost being. Never has his way shown deceit.
Higher than the mountains and deeper than the seas, his grace and his love know no bounds.
Intimately, he calls me to him day by day.
Justly, he judges all the peoples of the earth. He will not let wickedness go unpunished, nor will the righteous go unrewarded.
Know, oh my heart, that he will never leave you. Your Heavenly Father will not abandon you to your enemies.
Living in me is the Creator of life. All his ways are good.
Many things the Lord has promised. All of them will come to be. 
Not one person suffers that he does not see. Great is the mercy of the Lord.
One day, God will invite me to join him in paradise. I lack nothing in his presence. 
People sinned, and he came to their rescue. Never has he forsaken those he loves. 
Queer and wonderful are all the ways of the Lord. He weaves the story of the world with perfection. 
Run towards the Father of life! Run into his open arms and find peace! 
Sweet and nourishing are the words of the Lord. When I drink them in I find life. 
Trust in him, oh my heart! Let him care for your every need! 
Until I hear his voice calling in the morning I am dead, but he awakens my heart without fail. 
Victorious, he will reign forever! The Lord is mighty in battle! He is powerful beyond measure! 
Watching the earth day and night is his delight. He rejoices to care for his children. 
X is for the Cross, the final resting place for my sin. Great is his love for me! 
Year after year I wait and long for the day of the Lord. The earth will fade, but he will remain. 
Zeal for the Lord consumes my soul! His faithfulness continues through all generations. His name is highly exalted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment