Monday, September 24, 2018

Love Everlasting

You have loved me with an everlasting love.
That fact comes to me again and again
Though all others leave me, you never have
And I know you never will


This love of yours is relentless
It pursues me to the ends of the earth
It keeps on, willing to forget my mistakes
It comforts my every hurt

Why should I be so petty? Ungrateful?
So forgetful, forgetting to trust?
Why should I think I know better than you?
When without you, I am dust?


This love of yours is extravagant
Heedless of all cost
You celebrate my every victory
You mourn my every loss

Yet who am I that you notice me?
What have I to offer?
Flaws and baggage is all I see
And for that you chose to suffer?


This love of yours is perfect
More than I could hope to be
You're God, and you give of yourself
When I just focus on me

My wounds don't go so very deep
They don't leave such dreadful scars
Yet even those you choose to heal?
And call a work of art?


This love of yours is majestic
Far above any others
It lifts me up when life gets hectic
And surrounds me with its borders

Why would I rely on any love than yours?
What could they possibly offer?
They crumble as soon as they have formed
But you're my only real lover

No comments:

Post a Comment