Monday, July 13, 2015

War

I am realizing more and more that there is an all-out war going on. I'm posting this because we can't fight a battle that we don't know exists.

This war is being waged for the next generation--my generation. Our Enemy is doing his very best to make sure that we never see God's light. He's not taking it easy on us, starting before we are even born, before we have a chance to breathe. He succeeds at killing 3,000 unborn children in the US every single day.

If we are lucky enough to be born, he attacks us with poverty, disease, and slavery. If we make it through that, or if we are not exposed to it, he comes at us with depression, abuse, self-entitlement/"rights", the love of money, and complacency.

In short, Satan is doing everything in his power to keep youth from entering, and especially from advancing, God's kingdom. However, I have the feeling that there is a reason for his efforts. That reason is this: we are powerful. After all, who has the most potential? Unborn children. Who are the ones who will rebel and stand against him? Teenagers.

There is just one problem with his little plan: God. What Satan intends for harm, God uses for good. Satan is afraid of us because we are so strong. But when we stand through the trials and temptations that he throws at us in response to his fear, we become stronger. This is because God is not giving up on us. I believe that He is raising up a generation that is able to stand for Him even as the world draws to a close and collapses around us.

But we can't stand alone. We need people who are willing to teach us, trust us, and support us. We need to be taught how to cling to God no matter what; how to find ourselves and our role in Him. We need to be trusted with positions of leadership so that we know that we are capable, functioning members of the church, and that we are able to carry it onward into the next century. We need to be supported in this war we are in; to know that we are not facing it alone.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." ~Ephesians 6:10-13

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." ~Ephesians 6:19-20

"I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one.
I write to you, dear children, because you have known the Father.
I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one." ~1 John 2:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment